27 July, 2019

Ultrasound

Yesterday, I had my second ultrasound for my FET. We once again woke up early and made it to our clinic a little earlier. Their office was open when we arrived at 8:20, so we were able to walk right in and have a seat. We were called back very quickly, doing the ultrasound first. My daughter held my hand again as I got ready for the examination of my uterus. I love that tradition that my husband started. It's so sweet.
The ultrasound only took a few minutes. The tech measured my largest follicles on each side to check for cysts and measured my lining. The lining is split into three sections which is what you want your lining to look like when you have an embryo implanted. The thickness was 9 mm. That is just about perfect for the measurement.
I did the blood draw and we paid on the way out. I was very glad we arrived early when we saw the waiting room. The clinic doing our outside monitoring instructs all the girls doing a monitoring ultrasound to show up at 8:30 and it's first come, first served. They had pulled back another girl while we were doing an ultrasound. In the waiting room, we saw around six other ladies. They all showed up by 8:45. If we have to do another FET soon, I am definitely showing up before 8:30 again/
Last night, we received the call from our own RE clinic. My E2 (estrogen) levels were not as high as they wanted at this point in the process. I was only measuring at 176. My facilitator asked me to up my dosage of estrace to 3 pills twice a day. We had guests, so I did not get into a discussion about what the ideal level of E2 would be right now. As soon as our guests left, I pulled out my phone and started madly Googling. It sounds as though clinics are all over the place in terms of where they want the E2 level to be at the time of implantation. Some want to level to be above 250. Apparently there was a study done that showed the greatest success of a FET was when the E2 level was at around 300. (I have yet to read that specific study myself.) Some clinics want the E2 level to be 400-500.
I panicked slightly until I read that there are other types of estrogen (vaginal suppositories and patches) that can also increase your estrogen levels more quickly. Once I read that, I calmed down. I also took comfort in the fact that my clinic did not ask me to do a blood draw between now and my next one (the last one before the transfer).
I did ask my facilitator to send a letter from my RE giving permission to travel with needles on the plane. I have traveled once before with needles and the TSA agents did not even care about the syringes I had. I carefully pulled them out of my luggage with the note from the doctor on top, but they didn't even glance at them.
Next step? My little family flies to my home state. We have one last blood draw in six days and the FET in thirteen days! Our flight home is four days after the transfer, so we have a bit of wiggle room if they need to change to date slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment