11 November, 2019

Blessed

Every night before my daughter goes to bed, we say a prayer together. Tonight my husband was at school until late so it was just the girls. These days, I usually say the basic prayer with my daughter chiming in as to what she is thankful for. I always get a kick over what she decides to thank her Heavenly Father for. Tonight, she listed off a half dozen letters (including capital and lower case specific ones).
As I added more to her prayer, I said that we were thankful that we were blessed with another baby. My voice broke and I needed a minute to compose myself before continuing. I had a flashback to earlier in the day.
This morning, a darling friend dropped by for a short period of time. She was talking about a trial that she has been going through.
Even though it is not similar in the least to what I have had to go through to get my babies, she influenced me. She is so optimistic about it and is looking at all the positives. She is such an inspiration to me. I really do not know how she does what she does, but it makes me feel bad about the pity parties I have on occasion.

I am blessed. It is incredible that with our infertility problems, I have a very healthy pregnancy with a second child. It would be impossible for us to conceive children not that long ago (in medical years). I am able to connect with so many people. I do not take motherhood as lightly as I probably would had we not been through this. Will I ever look at my infertility without any sorrow? Probably not. But I can at least slowly change my heart and my point-of-view to a much more positive one.

No comments:

Post a Comment