22 February, 2020

OB Appointment 29 Weeks, 5 Days

We had a pretty normal appointment with my midwife on Valentine's Day. We were running one minute late and as I rushed into the waiting room, I almost stopped in my tracks. There were no other patients in the room. This is a shock because the waiting room is not only for the two OBs and one midwife, but it also serves as a waiting room for a pediatrics clinic and family practices clinic. It was not surprising that I only sat down for one minute before we were called back.
We went back and chatted with the midwife. The appointment went well, but we had a slight disagreement about one point. We are planning a short trip to visit my father when I am 34 weeks pregnant. I called the clinic before we booked our flight to have them verify that they would be comfortable with a trip at 34 weeks. The nurse I talked to assured me that at 34 weeks, it would not be a big deal and I should just make sure I walk around once or twice while on the plane.
The midwife said she does not usually suggest traveling farther away than 3-4 hours once you reach 30 weeks. Maybe at some point, I will provide feedback that the nurses should talk to the providers about this subject.

The best part of the day came later with the biggest pregnancy moment I have had in my life. We stopped at a grocery store on the way home to do our shopping for the week. We sat in the car for a couple minutes to finish a conversation before getting out. As I opened my door and moved my body in the direction of the door to exit the vehicle, I found I could not move. I struggled for a few seconds, wondering if the hood to my coat was caught on  the chair somehow. Once I realized that my coat was not caught on anything, I panicked for a couple more seconds, worried that I was getting so pregnant that I could not move with ease anymore. After a total of around five seconds, I remembered that I had not unbuckled my seat belt yet. I laughed as I walked the span from the car to the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment