06 April, 2020

OB Appointment 36 Weeks, 2 Days

Between my 35 week and 36 week appointments, I received yet another phone call with announcements. As they began to tell me what the changes were, I could not imagine what else they would be able to alter. Would I have to change into a sterile gown before entering the office? Would I need to wear a gas mask?
Thankfully, the only change was that the office was moving back to their former building. (I still have no idea why.) I was told I would enter in a side door and was not to go in the main entrance.
I pulled up on March 31 just before 1:15 to a sparsely populated parking lot. The side entrance was thankfully clearly marked. I opened the door to a small room with one patient who was in the process of being called back, a folding table with the receptionist and her computer, and a nurse ready to grab me. I was immediately asked for my name and date of birth before the door closed behind me. As I told the receptionist my information, the nurse grabbed my chart and guided me to a scale in the hallway. After my weight was noted, I was handed disposable medical paper (the kind a dentist uses for your bib during a dental exam) and asked to keep my nose and mouth covered the entire time I was in the building.
Once I got back to the examination room, everything else felt normal except for the fact that everyone was wearing masks and seemed slightly hurried. They were a finely tuned clock and I was out in ten minutes! The midwife said everything still looks and sounds great, but she ordered an ultrasound for next week. When I was reading my chart after the appointment, I noticed that under the associated diagnosis for the ultrasound order was listed, "small for dates infant." I have gone back and forth on what I feel about that. The midwife said everything seemed fine and I trust her. My husband reminded me not to borrow trouble. Maybe we just have a petite baby on our hands, but with the height genes she is receiving from my husband and myself, she probably will not be a short woman.
The other news is that my strep B test came back negative. I had completely forgotten about the test with all the craziness happening in the medical world right now, but I was very thankful to hear that I am negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment